1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The only way I was able to get through my code purple on Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by helloSilvia, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helloSilvia

helloSilvia Thread Starter

My computer had issues after I had done recovery back to factory settings. I wanted to recover to that point because I had dowloaded many different programs recently and I could not figure out exactly was causing issues on my computer. It would restart itself, and different messages would pop up, the last being: IRQ not less but equal(atleast, this is how I remember it).

But after backing up my files on cd's, dvd's and usb, I set it back to factory settings, and I would get the : configuration error, code purple.

I tried to perform system recovery again, and what ever option I could find I would try, but no good. I then tried using my Vista recovery cds, and I would get : "This PC is not supported by the System Recovey Discs. You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these disks. "

The only way I was able to get my computer running again is that I luckily had recently copied Windows 7 to a dvd (my original OS was Vista), the windows 7 I had gotten as a free educational download from my college.
    So I just popped it in and let it run on its own. But if this is the only way to get out of code purple(as was my experience) this sucks, because not everyone has an OS disk available. And remember, my Vista recovery disks were not working.

My computer is working, I'm so happy now :D.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice