1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Orange Box doesn't install on my computer. Windows Installer no longer there.

Discussion in 'Games' started by langley assault, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. langley assault

langley assault Thread Starter

I just picked up my copy of the Orange Box and unfortunately it won't install. My computer meets the requirements: GeForce 8600 GT, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 4200, 2 GB SDDRAM, Windows XP Home. The optic drive can read/write to CD's and DVD's. I at first thought it was because I didn't have the steam client, but it would've had me install steam automatically in the installation process. So I went to steam's website and downloaded steam and to my surprise I get an error message saying my Windows Installer is not there or inactive. I went to re-active the installer service with the command services.msc and tried to re-activate the installer. But the installer is not on the list of services. So I decided to download the most recent version of Windows Installer 3.0. It installed without any problem but still I get the installer error when I try to install steam or even The Orange Box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!