1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"The ordinal 56 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thankyou, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thankyou

thankyou Thread Starter

Hello
    This is my first post so first of all HELLO .

Second i have a problem.
    I installed internet explorer 7. But i didnt like it so i tried going back to internet explorer 6, But then i stated giving me a error like "iertutil.dll is missing" So i googled it.After reading about other people havING the same problem as me, I found out that i can download iertutil.dll from www.down-dll.com and copied it to c\windows\system32.Before i done this my desktop was gone..But after doing this my desktop have reapperied however im still having a problem.

Every time I try to open a program or do somethinG i get this erroe message "The ordinal 56 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" . I would be happy to reinstall windows but I have lost the CD.

Is there any way i could fix this problem.
    Thank you

2. thankyou

thankyou Thread Starter

Any one???,,,
    And is there anyway i can reinstall windows without the CD.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Do you have IE7?
    Was it upgraded from a beta version?
    If so, might want to uninstall and reinstall again.

4. thankyou

thankyou Thread Starter

no i dont have it i unistalled it.
    i upgraded from IE6.
    Thank.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/548974