The other way

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deety

PLEASE don't ask me why, but can I clone Windows 10 from an M.2 drive to an HDD and then use the HDD as the boot drive?
I would be using Macrium Reflect and the drives are the same size. I can find lots of info on the reverse process, but nothing on what I want to do. M.2 to HDD.
Thanks in anticipation.

texasbullet

Ramon
Yes you can but you will need to remove the M.2 drive after cloning or reformat it.

deety

Thanks for the reply and info, texasbullet. I'll give it a go.

managed

Allan
I would do the cloning again, by clicking 'Clone Disk' in Macrium then, when it has finished immediately shutdown the computer and disconnect the M.2 drive and then turn it back on. It should boot into Windows now, if it does you can reconnect the M.2 again.

deety

Thanks managed, I'll get on this tomorrow. For now I need my beauty sleep.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online