1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Passing of Nate Oliver- Microsoft Excel MVP

Discussion in 'Personal News & Announcements' started by Zack Barresse, Dec 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse Thread Starter

I thought I'd let everyone know about this. Although he didn't frequent this board, Nate Oliver, a Microsoft Excel MVP, passed away unexpectedly. His brother-in-law, Adam Snyder, made a post to the MVP Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/MVPAwardProgram?sk=wall

If you didn't know Nate, you really missed out. He was an avid poster to other help forums, namely MrExcel.com. He was both brilliant and giving. This is one of those times where you don't have hardly anything bad you can say about the person, even if you tried. He was an all around nice guy. I had the absolute privilege of meeting him on multiple occasions. He will be sorely missed.

2. valis

valis Moderator

Ah, jeeze......I had seen him on MrExcel quite a few times (you actually pointed me there once, eons ago, Zack)....please pass on my condolences to his family.

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse Thread Starter

I don't have the words some people do, so I do not do him justice. I learned probably more from him than anyone else. Even learned about running command lines from Excel from him. ;)

4. valis

valis Moderator

yeah, that may be so (may be) but you got poop tons of raw knowledge, and that trumps vocabulary any day of the week.......;)

5. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

I think those are words enough, Zack. And by the mere fact that you took the time to post and memorialize him, is justice enough.(y)

There are many, many great people like Nate that help so many. Thank you for bringing this up. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029995