The Pink haze

tricfit

hello: I hope that I am in the right place. I am writing this threw a pink haze. Not easy to see. The pink haze started last night. What is it and can I get rid of the pink haze? Thank you. I hope to hear ASAP.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi, tricfit, and welcome to TSG.

Unless you forgot to remove a pair of pink tinted glasses, please give us details of the hardware involved.

If you are using a monitor connected to desktop PC, have you checked the video cable connections? Have you tried another monitor?

If you are using a laptop or notebook PC, have you tried using an external monitor?

Can you provide a photo (not a screen capture) of the issue?

tricfit

thank you. it is a laptop. can you see? no rose colored glasses on this person. did I send what you need? 1602959096779.png1602959181633.png1602959181633.png1602959096779.png

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
did I send what you need?
No. A screenshot/screen capture shows what the video controller has created in the laptop's video memory, not what is actually visible on the screen. You need to use a digital camera or camera equiped phone to take a picture of what you are seeing on the laptop's screen.

tricfit

Unless you forgot to remove a pair of pink tinted glasses, please give us details of the hardware involved.

If you are using a monitor connected to desktop PC, have you checked the video cable connections? Have you tried another monitor?

If you are using a laptop or notebook PC, have you tried using an external monitor?

S2420001.JPGS2420001.JPGhow's that?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The vertical pink streaking could indicate a failure in the connection between the display and the motherboard or an internal connection failure in the LCD panel.

The horizontal black streak looks like there was a loss of the liquid crystal fluid in the LCD panel. This would be caused by a crack in an internal glass layer. Was your laptop recently dropped or struck with a large impact? Was an attempt made to close the laptop while something was laying on thekeyboard. Are the hinges very stiff and require quite a bit of force to open and/or close?

tricfit

No as far as I know nothing you asked happened with regards to the black across the screen, but I came back in one day and it was there. The pink went away for about 30 minutes today. But it is back.-
People do all kinds of things - in the name of
Thank you, I suppose it is time to get a new laptop.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You would need to evaluate the cost of repair vs. replacement if the laptop was still meeting your needs prior to the screen going bad.

The LCD panel is usually replaceable and can be a DIY repair if you are mechanically inclined and have the tools to do so. Replacements can usually be purchased online from businesses that sell computer replacement parts. You would need to make sure to get an LCD panel that matches the full model number of your laptop.

You can also pay to have a local computer repair shop do it for you. I would think they could give you a quote for screen replacement over the phone or by email.

tricfit

it does seem like most repairs are over 100.00 $ ?. If the scrren is cracked and also there is some bad connection inside or if a drive is going bad -
cracked screen don't think can be fixed. - right?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
An LCD panel with a cracked LCD glass cell cannot be repaired for most practical purposes and can only be replaced.

A hard drive going bad would not cause what you are seeing on the screen. If it is going bad and your screen is broken, I would say you should be looking for a replacement lap. I would also be looking for a way to backup any valuable files that are on the drive before it fails.

tricfit

I don't have to back up anything - the powers that be have it set to delete anything I save on the computer. But probably a new computer is the way to go considering this laptop.

tricfit

An LCD panel with a cracked LCD glass cell cannot be repaired for most practical purposes and can only be replaced.

A hard drive going bad would not cause what you are seeing on the screen. If it is going bad and your screen is broken, I would say you should be looking for a replacement lap. I would also be looking for a way to backup any valuable files that are on the drive before it fails.

Hello again. No worries with files. Still using laptop. I somehow changed the background color on websites to a really dark color. Words are sometimes invisible. Can not seem to find where I did this? Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online