1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Potting Shed - 2011

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Tuppence2, Jan 2, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello gardeners.

I've started a new thread for this year and hope to join you there throughout the coming year.

My vegetable garden has onions and garlic growing - recently buried in snow. Not a lot to do in it at the moment. The fallen apples are being left for the birds.

Penny

Edited by Cookiegal to add a link to the previous thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/random-discussion/435962-potting-shed.html

2. john1

john1

Hi,

Posted for the alerts,
    long standing potting shed fan.

John :)

3. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello John.

Hope it's a good year in the garden - Spring will soon be here!

Penny

4. franca

franca

Hello my Penny Rose, sleeting here..:rolleyes: can i borrow your spikes..;):D:p

5. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello Frank. Good to see you here. Yes, definitely. You can "christen" them for me as we don't have ice or snow at the moment, thank goodness. :) Seems daft to be wanting that sort of weather to try them out.

I expect Carole has her less hardy potted plants under cover. Won't be long before the spring!

Tickles for Jaki.

Here are the ice cleats.

[​IMG]

6. franca

franca

Very nice Penny, very mild here in paradise this morning, Carole was saying that the Crocus are stating to show, I feel Spring in the air...:rolleyes:;):p ttyl take care, pats for all the gang.....:)

7. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello Frank :)

Crocuses, lovely! They'll soon be in flower. There are little green shoots coming up here, too.

I'm just abou to to reccy the vegetable garden. Not looked at it for a week or so. Pretty sodden with all the rain we've had.

I visited a garden centre yesterday when visiting the town of Malmesbury. There's a lovely Abbey church there and the beautiful Abbey gardens (privately owned) that are open to the public from March to November and we plan to visit it then. It's been on the TV and will be very worth seeing.

I was given some garlic to plant - the sort where you harvest and eat the whole clove at one time - they look like little snowballs. :)

Hope Liverpool improve soon or you will be cross!!

8. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

I can't believe you guys are already talking about spring! The worst part of our winter hasn't even hit here yet. :( We'll see that closer to February, until then it's pretty hard to think spring here.

9. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello Farmgirl

Yes, it just goes to show how divergent the climate can be. I'm sure we'll have more extreme weather before the spring but some spring plants are coming up already!

:)

10. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

I suppose that's probably true; my muscari was trying to come up again in October when it was so warm! :eek:

11. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I have 3 trays seeds on sons 1 windows sill

all doing nicely

12. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello folks. :)

I no longer have a greenhouse - it's gone to a good home, though. :)

There are snowdrops and crocuses in flower here. We've had some mild weather but there was a frost this morning - the day turning into a nice sunny one but not warm.

I have men working on re-grouting the house walls and they're trampling all over my plants! Good thing that a lot of the growth is not up yet.

Penny

13. ymfoster

ymfoster

Hi Penny & Everyone, :D

Good to see the garden thread running again, :D

I can well imagine Spring can't come soon enough for you all over there with all the snow you've had.

We have had such a wet Summer it has been very tropical for Melbourne, my plants have gone mad with growth & the Cannas are about seven feet tall this year.
    My SIL in Queensland has had her garden & trees flattened by the Cyclone though, :( but at least the house isn't badly damaged & they survived without injury.

Here's some of my flowers in bloom at present ......

Attached Files:

14. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello Yvonne. Lovely to hear from you and see your lovely flowers - they've brightened my day. :)

I've a springer spaniel staying for a month while his owners are in your country, they're in Perth and said they just missed the tail end of the cyclone last week. I'm sorry to hear of the damage to your friend's garden. Thank goodness they and the house are all right.

Here's hoping for more seasonal weather for you.

15. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Hi gang, I've missed you. Where I have been living for the last couple of years has simply not been able to sustain a garden. However, I will be moving in a couple of weeks, and think I will again be able to garden.

Yvonne, your photos were luscious.

You can take the greenhouse from the gardener, but you can't take gardening from Penny.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice