The power button isn’t turning on my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DomYbarra100

I’ve tried plugging the case wires into every prong, but no matter what I plug the power SW cable Into, I can’t turn my computer on.

crjdriver

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs.
Next is this a new build, upgraded parts, a system that has been running fine, what?

RT

For help with posting your computer specs, go HERE
and click on the TSG System Information Utility link.
Save it on your desktop, run it.
Copy and paste your results in your next post.

crjdriver

For help with posting your computer specs, go HERE
and click on the TSG System Information Utility link.
Save it on your desktop, run it.
Copy and paste your results in your next post.
I do not think that is going to do any good; the system is not pw ON.

RT

Yes, you're right crjdriver ... the TSG Utility works on a system it can analyze online or resident from the download.

So, my other thought would be bad PSU?

crjdriver

Quite possible however until the poster posts what hardware and answers the other questions, there is not much that can be done for him.

Last edited:

DomYbarra100

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs.
Next is this a new build, upgraded parts, a system that has been running fine, what?
ASRock B450M-HDV r4.0 motherboard
Vengeance LPX 16gb ram
AMD Ryzen 3 processor
Focus 6 computer case
Astro Power 500w power supply

crjdriver

You really need to answer the questions. I will ask again;
1 Is this a new build
2 Was it working and you upgraded something
3 Has it been running fine and now not running
BTW your pw supply is a very low end unit.

DomYbarra100

This a new build my problem is when I plug in my power button cable(Power SW) into my motherboard correctly I can not turn on the computer. But I noticed that when I plug in my H.D.D led cable into a different spot then what it’s supposed to be in it works.

crjdriver

OK, first thing is to read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. If you follow ALL steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 4/8/12pin aux or cpu pw plug not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 HSF or cooler not installed correctly; more an intel problem than an amd problem. The amd type coolers are pretty much idiot proof
4 Parts not compatible; probably not an issue here however you need to post the exact processor installed. There are a LOT of ryzen 3s

crjdriver

BTW there are 13 different ryzen 3 processors listed on the support site for your motherboard. Some of which need a bios update in order to run. Again we do not know until you post the exact processor you are using.

DomYbarra100

You really need to answer the questions. I will ask again;
1 Is this a new build
2 Was it working and you upgraded something
3 Has it been running fine and now not running
BTW your pw supply is a very low end unit.
BTW there are 13 different ryzen 3 processors listed on the support site for your motherboard. Some of which need a bios update in order to run. Again we do not know until you post the exact processor you are using.
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad (4) Core Processor Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

crjdriver

OK, that one should be supported with the bios that is on the mb at this time. Read the guide, do the out of case build and you will find your problem. Note the final part of the guide is to swap parts with known good units.
My first thought is your pw supply since it is a low quality unit however until you test, there is no way to know.

DomYbarra100

OK, that one should be supported with the bios that is on the mb at this time. Read the guide, do the out of case build and you will find your problem. Note the final part of the guide is to swap parts with known good units.
My first thought is your pw supply since it is a low quality unit however until you test, there is no way to know.
Ok, Thank You where is the guide located?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online