The proxy is refusing connections

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shogun697

I trying to fix my friends Acer travelmate 4200. It had loads of vivus etc. I used Avast boot time scan,superfreespyware,malwarebytes but still having problems.They have two user accounts set one for the kids and one for there own use. When i log in on the kids account i have no problem getting on the net.But under there account it gives the error " The proxy is refusing connections" I'm at a loss any help would be great.Thanks

If you are using Internet Explorer, then go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > Lan settings button, and uncheckmark all checkboxes therein.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online