The Red X in place of pics

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

n2butterflys

I have HP XP about 1 year old. I belong to Yahoo groups using incredimail. Some of these groups offer "Tags" which are graphics with your personal name. I have been requesting tags from people for a long time. These people use the Fotki Site Albums to post these tags to all the requesters. When picking up a tag from the Fotki Site I usually right click on my name tag and "Save Picture As" usually I see that it will save as a JPEG or GIF but the last 2 weeks its been Saving my name Tags as .ART or .BMP. I dont' have anything that will read .ART or .BMP. This is very fustrating because I can't seem to make my computer save these graphics as JPEGs or GIFs. Its really strange because the makers of these tags tell me that they are JPEGs. How do I save these picture name tags? I have tried Copy & Paste but it will not do it. Is this something that the Fotki Site is doing? Can they be blocking me? The really strange thing is I can go to another name other than my name and it will save as a JPEG or Gif. Has someone Hacked into my computer and put a spell on it? PS I have contacted HP several times and they keep telling me to clean out my Temp files. I have run my Nortons Scan, disk scan, disk cleanup, defrag. nothing has helped. Theresa

Cleaning out the temp files usually fixes this, I'm not sure if disk cleanup gets rid of all of them.
In Internet Explorer
Tools>>Internet Options>>Delete Files>>Delete All Offline Content
While you're there, Clear History, and Delete Cookies.

Are you doing Save As from your web browser, or from Incredimail?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online