1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"the semaphore timeout period has expired" help on home networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by caytos, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caytos

caytos Thread Starter

for some reason...my home network has stopped working. I set it up myself..as i'm kind of a computer geek..but for some weird reason it has stopped workin since yesterday..heres the deal....i have two computers...one upstairs, one downstairs, DSL with LynkSys router. the router is upstairs connected with a cable to the pc upstairs....and wirelessly to the pc downstairs...i had it set up so i can access my music files which are downstairs, up here...the computer upstairs is really old...runing xp however..but no SP1 or anything...the pc downstairs is new..with XP SP etc...and it all worked fine til yesterday..when i got that error while tryin to access my music folder...it wont let me connect to the pc downstairs from here.....but when i go downstairs...i can still access the pc upstairs...ive tested this because i have REALVNC on both pcs...and i can access the one upstairs from downstairs...but not the one downstairs from upstairs.....as i used to be able to a week ago...if u need any more info..please ask....but i think ive posted all u guys need to kno...i just want to listen to my music agian :-( the computer upstairs doesnt have enough memory to hold all the files..thats why the music is downstairs...thank you in advance

2. caytos

caytos Thread Starter

anyone?? i can ping the pc downstairs and alll....but idk why i cant share the files

3. caytos

caytos Thread Starter

anyone?? i can still ping the pc downstairs...but i cant share files

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!