1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The server at [name of site] is taking too long to respond? 1 site only

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Clydesdale_, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Clydesdale_

Clydesdale_ Thread Starter

Hi all, [​IMG]

This problem is with all browsers. With FireFox & IE, I get the error message "The server at [name of site] is taking too long to respond?" This problem is at only 1 site; all other sites are great. Had no problems last week and had no problem getting into it using Opera until yesterday. I've been doing some research and lots of people have the same problem with one site only. I haven't found any solutions yet.

My internet goes through a server & router. I thought for sure it was my pc but I get the same problem on my iTouch with that one site. At home, I have no problem with my pc & iTouch. Anyone have any ideas? [​IMG]

I even tried Safari and no luck. This is all from work. That site opens no problem from home. Must be something in the server? Why only one site??? [​IMG] It's not a bad site or anything like that, it's just a private community private forum like this one here.

Running Windows XP

Thanks in advance.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried bypassing the router?

3. DamnedReg

DamnedReg

Sounds kind of like my problem. Can you access xkcd.com or giantitp.com from the troublesome computer?

Edit: Mine just fixed itself after posting this.

4. Clydesdale_

Clydesdale_ Thread Starter

No, with 10 PC's all connected through the router & server, I don't want to mess with that.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

That would tell us if it's a problem with the router's configuration.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice