1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The sims 2 crashing/freezing with windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mthibault, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mthibault

mthibault Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the sims 2 double deluxe for my dell inspiron 1525 laptop which has windows vista home basic on it and the game doesnt seem to be working. It freezes whenever I try to create a new family, play a family or go into town. The computer says the program isnt responding. So far I have emailed EA twice and they said to update my drivers, which I did. I have run it in combatability mode and as an administrator. There are no background programs up while I run the game either. Any ideas?:confused:

2. DB6150

DB6150

Try Disabling UAC :
    Method #4 - Using Control Panel

Open Control Panel.

Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".

Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.

Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.

Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.

In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.

You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

In order to re-enable UAC just select the above checkbox and reboot.

3. mthibault

mthibault Thread Starter

tried it, still same thing. the program doesn't respond after making a family. anything else?

4. Alienanna

Alienanna

I have exactly the same problem on my daughter's HP laptop, which has similar specs to the OP's, and is also running Vista Home Basic (specs in profile), even when I try to run "The Sims II" as administrator. The HP is brand new and all the drivers are the latest.

I have downloaded patches, tried to run it in the XP emulation, nothing works. I was beginning to wonder if my disk was scratched or something, but then I come across this post. Bit of a coincidence if both of us have exactly the same problem caused by our disks, isn't it?

I have considered buying a new copy of the game, or buying a copy of the new Sims III when it comes out, but until I know what is causing this problem, I'm not confident I wouldn't be wasting my money.

5. rach723

rach723

Hi
    I also have an Inspiron 1525 and I am having exactly the same problem with my Sims 2. :confused:
    Has anybody found a solution to this yet?
    Thanks
    Rach ;)

6. ashes and winee

ashes and winee

It's crazy. I just bought the the Sims 2 Double Deluxe game @ walmart 2 days ago and installed it and came across the SAME problem. Whenever I try to create a family it either freezes in the middle of me making a Sim or When i'm finished making my family it freezes when it tries to load back to Veronaville it's BULL****! I too have a dell inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista I tried updating all my drivers and everything is up to date. What the hell is going on? There has to be a solution other than WIndows Vista blowssss. Anyone? Anyone have one?!?!?

7. Jason08

Jason08

Although I'm not exactly sure what problem is, you all probably need to start your own thread. Four out of six posts in this topic are all users, and it can get very challenging for people trying to help with that many people posting about the same problem in the same thread.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!