1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Sims Complete Collection Installation Error at Disk 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by dragnpixie, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragnpixie

dragnpixie Thread Starter

I have previously Installed The Sims Complete Collection on this computer. It worked just fine. I uninstalled it for awhile and now, upon reinstalling, I can't.
    When it gets to needing the second disk, I put it in, click OK and it loads for a bit. Then a Setup folder pops up with a WinRAR archive in it. I click on that and get an error message of :

D:\Setup\data3.cab
    The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Since its successfully installed before, why is it having trouble now?

:(

2. Atomic77

Atomic77

maybe the disk is scratched or something or perhaps the game did not uninstall compleatly the first time.

3. Samuel Seregon

Samuel Seregon

More than likely the disk is scratched/worn. However, it is possible that the old files may still be in your system and causing this error. This sometimes happens to me if the old files are not completely deleted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice