the sims complete collection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

socaligirl

Okay, so I just installed the sims complete collection on my laptop which has windows vista and it works great but when i go to save a house, it doesn't let me. an error message comes up that says "an error has encountered while saving the house." Has anyone else have this problem happen or just me? And if so, how do you or did you fix the problem? Thanks

:confused: :mad:

I am having the same problem like socaligirl it would be good to find out if anyone has any help for either of us

:confused: :mad: I have the same problem with my laptop, only it saved the first time I played it. Now it says that there is an error saving this house. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, still same problem, and I went to the ea website but got no help the link to tech support is no good, plus they tell you how to install patches but I can't find the link to go to in my start menu there is no place to click for search for patch. And no where on there does it have any information about Vista users!!!:eek: :confused:

OH and PS
I have plenty of memory to save.

Sims on Vista?... hmm, that was a win 98 game wasn't it?..
There can be all kinds of problems with Vista. Even new games don't like it.

1jhn2_3_4 said:
OH and PS
I have plenty of memory to save.
Huh?... You mean hard drive space?.. OK. :D

Don't see any patches for Sims Complete.. Or anything for Vista.
A few fixes for XP.. Hopefully EA is working on it.
I read only Sims 2 works on Vista..
Bahh.. another reason to hate Vista. (n)

Hi people

I don't usually reply to forums but it took me a long time to figure out a fix so I could play
The Sims Complete Collection on Vista. Either I couldn't save my house or I couldn't use a Sim that I made. I looked everywhere, then tried a fix for another game.

If you have a shortcut on your desktop, right click and click Run As Administrator.
If you don't have a desktop shortcut, go to start, programs, Maxis, The Sims, right click The
Sims 800x600 or 1024x768, click Run As Administrator.

This has worked for me and everything seems to run just fine.

Hope this can help anyone else. Good Luck.

I too never reply to these, but I went to the trouble of setting up an account just to tell you Thank You!! I have scoured the internet looking for a solution. Everyone said to go to Sims2.. that was the only answer, but I just spent $50 on this in December. So, again Thanks! Chrissy

Hi people

You're welcome chrissy3233. :D It's a real pain when you're playing a game like the sims and can't save it. I'm glad someone else can use this info.

My gf is also having the same saving problem on her Vista laptop.. sounds like its related to Vista? :confused:

I have had the same problem, i can't understand it. It also will let me make a family but then won't let me me move it in. It says it has but no people stand outside and it won't let u go to live mode or n e thing. When u go bk to the neighbour hood the house is still for sale and it's driving me made. Yet it will let u move in a family that is already made. How annoying! Can somebody pls help us, I also have windows vista, not sure if that is what it has to do with or not?

I've had all of the above problems with The Sims complete collection. I also have Vista. My problem got worse when I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now it won't install at all; I get a message "unknown error. Aborting setup."
Any suggestions (other than trashing Vista)??
Thanks

Just a big thank you to Roxdog t for your explanation for saving Sims my granddaughter was ready to ditch the game in the bin. No more whining, peace for me. She is very happy and so am I. syd4me

hey roxdog does that really work if it does ill be so happy cause i spent my birthday money on this game when i could have bought me some pokemon toys sorry im like 14 and i still like pokemon they are just so cute anyways i had this game for like an ear or more and ive just havent been able to play it but yeah let me try but thanks if it does work

this sucks, i have vista. I just got sims complete today, and everything downloaded fine. when i was exploring everything on the game, i went to neighborhood 2 and it would stop loading, and the whole program stopped responding. Now every time i try stating the game, it starts out in neighborhood 2 and wont stop loading. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm trying to play with laptop with Vista.

When I'm trying to start the game, following text comes up:

Continue the installation by placing the Sims Magic disk 1 in your CD-ROM drive.
(translation from finnish)

When I click OK, nothing happens...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online