1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Sims Game trouble. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by gameplayer05, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameplayer05

gameplayer05 Thread Starter

Okay, So I've got a new Dell Dimension 3000 desktop computer w/ Windows XP and I tried to install the original The Sims game on my computer. After I click install, a few seconds later a message comes up saying something like:"file not suitable for MS DOS and Microsoft Windows applications, choose close to terminate the application." I've visited the support website that tells me that I am probably missing the autoexec.nt, command.com or config.nt on my computer and it gives me directions. I followed EVERY direction up until I got to the part about a %SYSTEMROOT/system32 folder. I can't seem to find that folder anywhere. Everytime I try to expand the command.com file it says something like: "can't open input file" or "no destination specified" I've tried every instruction and or direction to try and fix the problem, but everytime I try to install the game it tells me the same thing. What could I possibly be doing wrong? Does Windows XP not support The Sims game at all? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

gameplayer05 :(

2. Topato

Topato

system root would be C:\windows

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice