1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Sims + Windows XP Professional

Discussion in 'Games' started by bohemian, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bohemian

bohemian Thread Starter

I am running windows XP Professional and have specs way over the recommended to run the Sims. The game installs fine, but when I go to play it, nothing happens. there is a sims.exe process running in the task manager but nothing appears on the screen, and i cant end the process. ive tried the compatability wizard thingy but that doesnt seem to work either. does anyone know of a reason this is not working? is there some kind of patch or compatibility setting i need? thanks.

2. Charster85

Charster85 Guest

Is your computer a Pentium or a celeron or Athlon? if it is Celeron or Athlon, then it may not work because sims works best on Pentium type processors.

3. bohemian

bohemian Thread Starter

its a pentium 4 1.9 ghz processor. i dont know if this helps too, but its got 512 mb DDRam, 60 gig harddrive, geforce 3 video and directx 8.

4. Charster85

Charster85 Guest

That should be way more than enough to run the game. Sorry but I don't know what to do.:confused:

5. Charster85

Charster85 Guest

Why don't you call or e-mail the company?

6. Matt007

Matt007

First the Dims sux
    Second if you like the game that much and can't live your own life then call EA, but don't expect EA to do a thing cause lately they just don't care about any of their games, I am not kidding. Oh wait that is this the Dims Online that EA makes? If you are not playing online then you probably won't call EA so all in all call, lol.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice