The Sleeping Cursor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bats

I have had this problem for a long while, it is very small and yet quite an irritant. I will be typing along, when suddenly either my keyboard or what I am writing on, whether here or on word, note pad anything the typing just stops. As if sleeping, for maybe 1-4 seconds, then it starts again. There is no cycle to when it will stop, sometimes after a few words and sometimes after a few paragraphs.
The equipment is a Microsoft Wirless Laser Mouse and Keyboard 7000. I have installed the latest version of intellipoint etc, and I believe that all my drivers are up to date.

System :
Microsoft Windows XP
Service pack 3

Computer:
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+
2.19z, 1.93GB of Ram
Has anyone experienced the same issues?
Thank You for reading my letter.

You might have better luck in the XP forums. That's a pretty strange issue. Do you mean it just stops responding to what you type? Does what you type show up later when the cursor "wakes up"?

When was the last time you did a virus/spyware cleanup?

bats

Thank You for your quick reply. I have had this problem for about 3 or more years. If I use dots to represent the wait times the letter would look like the following.
I lik..........e to walk in the w...oods where I c... smell the flower.....s.
I am currently using Avast, I have used Micrsoft, AVG, and a few others as well as a complete Format on two occaisions. Hence my dilemma. It is a sniggly little problem, but as they say you can sit on the point of a mountain but you can't sit on the point of a pin.......
I will try your suggestion. Now do I move the letter or will that be a double post, and should wait for a Mod to move it for me,
Thank you again sir.

You could pm a mod, and ask them to move the thread sometime. If you sort the member's list by post count you'll find a bunch of moderators.

~
You've had this keyboard and dealt with it for 3 years? Does this same problem happen for any other keyboard..?

or is it regardless of keyboard?

bats

Thank You , I have never tried another Keyboard, I have wondered why it would happen because I would think that the first thing the computer would give priority to is the keyboard. I will try it out and post the response. Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online