1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The solution to Error message "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone)

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Jensemann, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jensemann

Jensemann Thread Starter

I just figured out the reason for, and solution to the Vodafone (Spain) USB internet stick error message:

RAS Error 635

I wanted to share it with you guys, because i searched all over internet to find a solution, and all I got was thousands of other people that was as confused as I. Vodafone Spain was not very helpful (of course, if I could speak the language, that might have helped...) and it seemed impossible to gain any information om how to solve it. I read about other people that had, like me, formated the HD and re-installed everything, with no change in the result. The message simply wouldn't go away. There is even a thread about this on this forum, but it is closed now, so that's why I made a new one.

Now, here is the solution:

Pay your bill !
    :eek:

Whats normal in Spain, is that the companies (like Vodafone) have an automatic payment agreement with you. That means that they don't send you an invoice, but simply just take the money from your account every month. Now, if there is not enough money there, they don't bother to tell you. The just assume that you don't want to use their product anymore, and then simply turn of your SIM card.
    The RAS 635 error message is an error message that basically says that your SIM card is not working with the server at Vodafone.

So, now that you know that, the hard part is beginning; How to pay your bill:

First of all; go to your bank and fill up your bank account!!

Next, you need to know the amount you are owning them (which changes every day due to interest - which means you should pay the same day you get the amount, unless you want to start it all over again). You also would like to know a few more thing. Let me summon this:

a. The amount you own
    b. Their bank account
    c. The reference number of the payment

To get this you need to call them! Now, this is quite a challenge. First of all you need someone that speaks Spanish! Then you need their telephone number (which can be found at your vodafone program you use to connect to internet. That's the Vodaphone Mobile Conect Lite. In the Help menu, click Support.)

Note!!! You can NOT call their support unless you have a Vodafone SIM card in your telephone! Moviestar, Telefonica, and so on, would simply be refused!!! Yeah, I know... :rolleyes:.
    Note!!! Before you start, have a pencil and paper ready, you will probably get 2-3 different phone numbers to call, which 1 or 2 of them simply do not exist. So you will have to call the support again. At the end it IS the support that have the information you need. You just need to find the right guy or girl on support. Don't bother calling the numbers they give you. just call them up again, and talk to someone else.
    Note!!! They charge you quite high per minute. I ended up paying 18 euro in phone bill to get the payment information (on a vodafone bill of 16.02 euro) :mad:. Not to mention the 3 hours I wasted, listening to their stupid elevator music.

Sometimes they makes it very simple for you; When you inform them that you now have filled up your bank account, they simply take the money you own them, and everything is back to normal. The next bill will be automatically withdrawn from your account (providing there is enough! But you probably have learned from this by now). And you will be back online within 24 hours. The next day, you try connecting as usual, until the RAS 635 error message magically disappears. :D

But other times, you might have to go to the bank and pay the bill, using the information you gathered in step 2 above. Personally, I managed to pay through my internet account.

Hope this was to any help!

Let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice