1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Syntax of the Command is Incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cheelam, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheelam

cheelam Thread Starter

I have an annoying problen with a DOS window that pops up every couple of seconds. It was really hard to catch, but reads "The Syntax of the Command is Incorrect" and is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE. It started occuring a month or so ago (maybe after doing this update). Yesterday it started again with a vengeance (every 3 or 4 seconds). When it happens, it wipes out any typing that you are doing.
    I have all of the latest Windows updates installed as of April 29, 2009.
    Windows Vista business 32Bit, HP compaq 6515b
    Help! This is really frustrating. Thanks

2. Curly

Curly

So if I understand correctly, you receive that syntax error when entering a command at the commmand prompt. What command are you entering?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. If you don't get the problem I think I'd update Windows and then run some anti-virus and anti-spyware scans.

4. cheelam

cheelam Thread Starter

The flashing problems occurs since during start up. I din't enter any command. But i don't think i have enough time to do so. I already done some scans but no virus or spyware detected.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    With it happening even in Safe Mode I'm thinking that a Windows reinstall (or "Recovery") is in order.

6. cheelam

cheelam Thread Starter

Do i need to do the scanning in safe mode? Cause i did it in normal start up. Is there any better way beside reinstall the windows. I hope reinstalling will be the last hope.

7. JohnAlpha

JohnAlpha

8. cheelam

cheelam Thread Starter

Nope, i dint make that post. But i do read the post before. And since we having the same problem, i use the post and edit it to suite mine. Hope he don't mind. Hehe...
    I have a printer but not wireless printer. I found that it is not my printer fault either. Actually i don't know whether it is windows problem or my machine being infected my spyware.
    Help is really appreciated. Thanks.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice