1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'The system could not find the environment option that was entered' error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by katase, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katase

katase Thread Starter

Firstly, my IE's gone nuts and closes immediately after opening. So I followed microsoft's instructions to reinstall it, then I discovered I can't open any .exe files at all, showing 'the system could not find the environment option that was entered'

So I tried system restore, but the same error pops up each time I click system restore, even with directly clicking rstrui,exe.

I tried system restore in safe mode, which the restore itself worked, but the error still pops out when I open .exe files.

It seems that all file system stuff is out of order, as I can't even attach a document onto an email using the system dialogue 'choose a file'. When I click add an attachment, nothing pops out.

Before all this happened I did use a cleanup application called '360 Total Security'...but not sure if that's at fault...

So what are my options now? I don't have a win7 installer disc as win7 is preinstalled in the computer when bought.

Thanks...

Edit: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi I'm guessing that 360 Totally Security is the cause of your problems. Most PC's have a back to factory restore partition. If you attach your make and model, I'm sure a member here can help you.
    I'm sure things will work out for you!!

3. katase

katase Thread Starter

4. katase

katase Thread Starter

er...bump?

5. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi! You keep bumping but you don't post your make and model. I suspect 360 Totally has caused you this problem; if your issue started after using this software to clean your PC. I'm not familiar with the software, but these programs aren't needed and usually do more harm than good.
    I would suggest you save your data and restore to factory settings. Most Computers these days have a option to restore to factory. If you post your make and model, I'm sure someone will help you with your problem.

6. katase

katase Thread Starter

It's a HP s5-1018hk

7. donetao

donetao Banned

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice