Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The system could not find the environment option that was entered!!!!

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lherring81 
#1 ·
This is my first time posting on the forums. I am having this issue with my vista 32x acer desktop. I have run sfc /scannow and it could not repair all damaged files. I cannot read the cbs.log b/c I do not know what I am looking at. everytime I try and run a application, i get this error, "The system could not find the environment option that was entered". I have backed up all my pictures and videos on dvd's and am now contiplating re-installing windows. I have gotten a copy of windows vista and my oem windows key. My desktop came with windows pre-installed but with no disks.

Can someone please provide me with some aid!! I need either a fix for this problem or a step by step tutorial on how to re-install vista on a machine that currently has a pre-installed version on it.

PLEASE HELP!!! I HAVE A SLOW AND LAGGY PC!!!!

#3 ·
tried the install new java, computer wont let me run any applications at all, even installation .exe It give me all the same error with the environment thing. I can't even run a file from a disk without it givin me that error. I wanted to use the upgrade option on the vista disk but i can't run it, i can only open it. I can run the disk in safe mode and from booting straight from drive.

does it look like my only option is to reinstall

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.