1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The System Has Recovered from a Serious Error.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Malaksurf, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Malaksurf

Malaksurf Thread Starter

I have been trying to work out my problems with Internet Sercurity 2005. I did a full virus scan and security scan via the wed site because my computer won't run these programs. The web site said that I should uninstall then reinstall(which I have done before with no luck) When I went to uninstall(for the third time) It stared to uninstall then just shut down completely....Like the power went out. The power didn't go out and when it stated back up it said: Microsoft windows- The system has recoverd from a serious error.
    Error Signature-----------------
    BBCode: 11000008e BCP1:c0000005 BCP2:804E50BE BCP3:EBE41B80 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:786_1
    The Following Files Will Be Included In This Error Report:
    c:windows\minidump\mini091604-01.dmp
    c:docume~1\owner\locals~\temp\wer1.tmp.dir001sysdata.xml

What does this mean??
    Is it possiable for me to wipe my c drive and start over fresh?? I'm not sure if I can find my recovery cd from Hp....Is it still possiable?
    Thanks

Joey
    P.S.-Its a HP Pavilion 734n running xp home.

2. mmoir

mmoir

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

If you are referring to Symantec/Norton when saying "Security 2005," I learned the hard way that you MUST follow their instructions for removing the program(s). See the manual that came with the installation CD. The usual Ws "remove" thru the Control Panel will really foul things up. Its not Ws fault; S/N is to blame for requiring a unique uninstall routine. I had the same problem you had with my "2004." I gave up in disgust and went to another antivirus program. S/N has many critics on the various BBs. You are probably better served by cleaning your HD than trying to overcome the mess in other ways. I am not versed in what these may be.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I'm with Redoak on reinstalling here and if you can't find that HP disk - which might not be a "proper" OS CD anyway, and if you have important data on that disk, the safe way is to spend out on a new hard disk and a copy of XP. I know this sounds drastic but by disconnecting your existing disk and starting again, you can slave it to the new one when you're up and running and recover your data. Then you can format your old drive and use it regularly to back up and store other files.

Expensive - yes but guaranteed to give you a clean start - definitely.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!