The UK has been snowed on

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Its nothing really,just a few inches in most parts,but you would think the world has come to an end :D the first thing they did,even before the snow had started really was to shut thousands of schools,immediately releasing thousands of screaming kids onto the streets subjecting everybody and everything to a bombardment of snowballs,the like of which has not been seen for years :eek: the reasons given by almost all the schools was breakdown of heating systems :D ,although they had all been working perfectly ok up until now,all of a sudden they all stopped working on the same day :D .....Airports have been closed,trains are running late and the roads are in chaos,even though most of them had been well gritted in advance and there wasnt a hint of snow anywhere ...so there you have it...this is the UK today and just in case anyone would be stupid enough to be considering a vist,my advice would be to forget it :D

Sounds like a good time (y)

East of here....in upstate New York, they had over 100 inches of snow during the past week :eek:

Unreal

Enjoy your snow...I love it (y)

telecom69 said:
Its nothing really,just a few inches in most parts,but you would think the world has come to an end :D the first thing they did,even before the snow had started really was to shut thousands of schools,immediately releasing thousands of screaming kids onto the streets subjecting everybody and everything to a bombardment of snowballs,the like of which has not been seen for years :eek: the reasons given by almost all the schools was breakdown of heating systems :D ,although they had all been working perfectly ok up until now,all of a sudden they all stopped working on the same day :D .....Airports have been closed,trains are running late and the roads are in chaos,even though most of them had been well gritted in advance and there wasnt a hint of snow anywhere ...so there you have it...this is the UK today and just in case anyone would be stupid enough to be considering a vist,my advice would be to forget it :D
:D

My niece and family moved from Arkansas to upstate NY..this year. First winter in northern climes=9 feet of snow. NINE FEET of snow. A few times in my life I've had 4-5 feet of snow. Darned inconvenient. This is twice what I've ever experienced. WHEW!!!

Sorry. Doesn't take away from the great discord snow causes when you're not accustomed to it.:(

:rolleyes: ;)
telecom69 said:
the world would really come to an end if the sun shone in the UK...
OK, only kidding, I know there are terrible draughts over there.

Cédric said:
:rolleyes: ;) the world would really come to an end if the sun shone in the UK...
OK, only kidding, I know there are terrible draughts over there.
There are .:D . lol it does nothing but rain how can there be droughts:)
rain rain and more rain
Bonjour Cedric.. how do i get that little sign over the e:p

A couple of inches of is serious business where the snow removal policy is wait for the thaw.

In central North Carolina, they close school at first flakes. I grew up in Johnstown, PA. I cannot remember having a snow day. Also we had lots of snow some years. Of course we had to walk to school. Here in Ohio we had several inches of snow, followed by freezing rain. It was a travelers nightmare. Schools were closed for days. They are predicting freezing rain for the weekend. I would rather 2 feet of snow. Non-freezing rain is best - you don't need shovel rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts