1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The United States of America, circa 2050 A.D.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by EdGreene, Jan 28, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. EdGreene

EdGreene Banned Thread Starter

What will it be like by classifications?

Population?

Industry?

Government?

Culture?

Monetary system? (plastic or still paper?)

Ed
    I get it done with YAHOO! DSL

2. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sorry....had a flashback.....

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

CF: Yeah me too! To this thread <a href="http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82516"> here</a> by Mafud! EEK! :D Remember?! :) Take care. angel :)

4. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

All too well, Angel, all too well.

Don't mean to sidetrack your thread Ed, still formulating some thoughts to post here later.......

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

By then we should have robots to cook and clean for us, Flying cars and colonys on the moon and Mars. We should also be sending joint ventures with the Russians to explore Jupitor and its moons. Whoops, that was supposed to happen in 2001. Well better late than never. (I want my flying car) :mad:

6. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

9 Billion
    Highly robotic, but nothing like it will be in 2150.
    Many industrial corporations will still need lots of manual labor.
    Wow, scary thought. Hopefully more based in individual freedom here in the US, and more tolerant abroad.
    Preserved for the most part, but culture evolves. I sense a diminishing of religious purity, and a possible coming together of some religions. Wouldn't that be nice.
    Smaller sized bills, very few coins, mostly plastic. Possible International bills. Good literally anywhere.

7. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    In 2050:

TSG will have a new forum dedicated to Windows RFG.

Eggy, Mulder, plshwartz and LANmaster will all be in a retirement home, bickering and swinging their canes at each other.

Candy will be reclined by the poolside, sipping her drink, winking at the numerous pool boys!

Hewee will be congradulated for his 1,000,000 post!

Angel will post once too often in "Fun Game" and poor Mike's server will explode.

In the Tavern, mar, AK jimi and gb will be toasting each other with glasses of Geritol, and forgetting what they were toasting.

Jim will be pulled up to his desk in a wheel chair at the ripe old age of 95, cussing through a toothless mouth at yet another Win98 BSOD.

Melissa will stand there, tapping her foot with her arms crossed and chastising: "Don't tinker!"

G. W. Bush IV will be demonised world wide for landing 500,000 troops on the previously unknown Pacific island of Puka-Puka and liberating its 43 inhabitants from the "Terrorist Plague of the Orient".

And so on. And so on...

8. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Geez, I almost replied to that mess, then I saw how dated it was.
    Whew!:D

9. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

:D You're welcome to join us!
    Funniest thing I've ever read. Great post.

10. EdGreene

EdGreene Banned Thread Starter

Whoa!

Who was this Mafud Character? It is too scary for me to think we had a few similar thoughts about the future. But what about him hacked off so many of you? You guys laid into him and forgot to say anything about the events he predicted...

Ed
    I get it done with YAHOO! DSL

11. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

I agree with the mostly plastic part about money. We won't get rid of the good ol' hard cash, but it will be used less and less.....

As for culture, I suspect we will just see a progression of what we have now, more and more "melding" just as described above with the religions......

I don't know that there will be any great leaps and bounds in industy. Not far enough ahead in time. The semi-conductor business is still going thru some major turmoil, in part because the "average joe" doesn't really need the latest and greatest, since it isn't a whole lot better than what they've got. I think that in order to hit that "robotic" future, there will need to be some sort of breakthru, something to revolutionize semi's and automation technology.

Hewee will be well past 1,000,000 posts ;)

I will still be argueing with Mulder about something that we really agree on, but we are bored and need the thrill of the debate. GB will sit there and laugh, prodding the both of us for amusement....

I may actually be of use on the tech side of this board, but that is real shakey....maybe 2150 for that one....

The population is the challenging one. We are having enormous growth. I see it staving off. Call me a cynic, but I think now, and for the next few years, people will be concerned about bringing children into the world. This may cause a bit of a ripple, throwing off any sort of linear projection one might have now.

I see the flying cars as out. I think that general aviation is really in a world of hurt. I see a decline in small craft, and thus preventing the "plane in every garage" idea.

Of course, I really don't have a hill of beans to support any of this, so if I'm wrong, feel free to tell me so in 47 years. (I'll still be trying to figure out how to get my printer to work off of the router printer port)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice