Solved The Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RequiredToBeANoob

Rahul
Hey everyone,
Nice to see a good tech website that desires to help.
I have a Dell Vostro 270 with the following specifications:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3970 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2046 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 454 GB (191 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 084J0R
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled

I want to upgrade this PC for Youtube Recording and Streaming but I am not looking for a new processor since my motherboard cant support it.(as of my research concludes)
So the RAM and the Graphics card is the main aim

Budget: 150$ to 200$.

Thanks

Hello RequiredToBeANoob,

So the RAM and the Graphics card is the main aim
Upgrading the RAM is not an issue but the add on video card could be depending on what power supply is fitted in the computer, would you be ok with shutting down, disconnecting the power cord and taking off the side of the computer to get the info for us, we need the brand and model name or number of the PSU so that we can check the specs.

You cannot go off what is in a user manual and I`m afraid that a typical 300W Dell power supply is not good enough to support a GTX 1050 which does not even require a seperate power dongle from the PSU.

Add on video card manufacturers will often overstate the required power supply but what is recommended should be adhered to both on the wattage and the amps required on the +12V rail.

See attachment below;

Attachments

RequiredToBeANoob

Rahul
So i wouldnt be able to upgrade if I dont change my PSU?
A processor like Pentium G2030 is unable to handle games and softwares like Fortnite and Adobe Premier.

So i wouldnt be able to upgrade if I dont change my PSU?
Without knowing what PSU is presently fitted we cannot give you an informed answer I`m afraid.

Fortnite minimum requirements for PC

• CPU: Core i3 2.4 Ghz
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 4000
  • PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
Spec requirements for Adobe here

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online