1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The user profile failed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hughie, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hughie

hughie Thread Starter

Hi
    While I was logging into my computer my cat walked over my keyboard and this happened : The user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded. I have tried to change the reg settings but now the computer won't accept anything. Now when I try to go into safe mode all the computer does is go in a loop and sends me back to the start page and asks me to log in again its like deja vu!!! Can anybody help? As I have files that I need to access and I didn't back them up or does anybody know if there is any software that can help? Many thanks in advance.

2. Lanctus

Lanctus

3. hughie

hughie Thread Starter

I am now getting this when get past the log in

C\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disk inserted and then try again. If the location is on the network, make sure you’re connected to the network or internet and then try again. If the location still can’t be found it might have been moved or deleted.
    I can not do anything with the computer all I have is a black screen and a taskbar that is unresponsive. Can anybody advise me how to get my computer working normally?

4. Lanctus

Lanctus

Do you have Admin privileges on that machine? If you do, you can use the Admin account to create a new profile for you to use. Do you know if the Admin account was enabled? MS tends to have them disabled by default these days, but you can enable them.

5. hughie

hughie Thread Starter

Having trouble with Admin account will not allow me to log on with it. Just can't bypass the log in issues if I do get a blank unresponsive desktop.

6. jenae

jenae

Hi, by admin account do you mean your user account, that has admin privileges, OR do you mean you have activated the hidden admin diagnostic account?

If the problem is with your user account (normal account that you use that has admin privileges) and the problem now is you cannot access the desktop? If this is so, post back and tell us the name of your user account, it will make it easier for me to write a registry fix (involves booting to the user's hive and setting the path to the desktop)

To do this you would need a recovery DVD or USB lets hope you followed convention and made one , if not you will need to download windows ten, from the MS media creation site. We need to boot to a cmd prompt from within the RE (recovery environment)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice