1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"the user profile service failed to login"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Colinb25, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colinb25

Colinb25 Thread Starter

I recently received my new computer which is running Windows 7. I created one user account to begin with and was using that for a few hours and then I decided to create a couple of other user accounts. It lets me create these accounts but if I try to log in to any of them (including the guest profile) I get the error "the user profile service failed to login". I have read a number of articles and watched a video on youtube about the issue. They all say to do roughly the same thing, go into regedit and then the profile list and they give some steps involving changing values and such. I have tried this numerous times in different ways and it will not work, it seems my problem is a bit different. In "profile list" in regedit there doesn't even seem to be any record of these accounts whatsoever and no sign of a "corrupt" account which the previously mentioned articles talked about. I'm really stumped here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Colin.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

3. Colinb25

Colinb25 Thread Starter

I have seen that yeah. I've tried everything it talks about there, well as much as I could. The solution there assumes that one of the numbers has .bak at the end of it but mine doesn't so unfortunately it doesn't work. Also, I wouldn't mind restoring to an earlier point, as the computer is brand new and there is nothing on it I would care about losing.. However I've tried doing this as well and it won't seem to work. Thanks for your help though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice