1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The very first geforce 3 series card!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilb, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Hi all, i was browsing nvidia dot com and found this link : http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_310_us.html.(y)

Its not a "gaming monster" but its the first 3 series you can only get it in pre-build oem systems though.(n) even though this is not the graphics card of the century but it is still a 3 series lets hope we see some more 3 series graphics cards soon ;)

2. BG-0

BG-0

Oh, how awesome, another new card that offers NOTHING new. Not DX11, nothing that an older model delivers at the same price/performance range... These G100/G(T)200, etc craps are just simply frustrating...

3. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Just like geforce 9 and 2 and radeon 3 and 4 series i mean.

4. BG-0

BG-0

I really fail to see any point in your reply... If you're saying... Err..
    Anyways. My original point was that the 3xx series were supposed to be a "counter-attack" against Radeon HD 5xxx series, and that card is not a real part of that series.
    Another point was that the release of the G210, GT220, GTS240, etc, to the price ranges that are already black full of cards, and G100 and G310 for OEM PCs, are just honestly non-understandable... NVidia should be preparing the real G*3** series, not fiddling with this sort of useless new cards... Of course, it could give a bit of extra income, but developing all these cards ought to cost something too. I haven't paid any real attention to what the G/GT/GTS 200-240 cards can do, they fall within the "mid-low-end, don't really care, there are old, power and budget efficient cards there already" area, I guess there might be something worth buying in them... :confused:

5. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

Haha,
    you know that nvidia said that "Geforce 3 will not be for gaming" it will be for design, and that nvidia is stepping out of the high-end gaming market.

6. lilb

lilb Thread Starter

And what i was saying is that series 9 and 2 from nvidia offered nothing new the 9800gt was actually worse or the same as its 8 series counter part and that series 2 didnt give any new dx either.

7. BG-0

BG-0

Could you please link me somewhere where's an official statement from nvidia about that? I will not believe that otherwise, no way no how. NVidia's been feasting on fanboys' money and going to the extreme highest end gaming cards always... No way they're just politely leaving the market to AMD.

I guess you're right about the series thing, but honestly, this is probably the first time in the long history of graphics card where a new card series is started with anything less than the top or second from top model that has been planned out so far...

8. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

There's a reason why this card doesn't support DX 11...According to wikipedia, the GeForce 310 isn't based on NVIDIA's newer architecture, it's just a rebranded GeForce 2xx...

Well, NVIDIA is doing it again I think...Anyone remember the GeForce 4 MX series?

By the way, I don't think that NVIDIA is planning to leave the gaming graphics market any time soon. What they stated is that they are approaching GPU design in a different way. Instead of using the "traditional" GPU design, they are trying to make something similar to Intel's larrabee...

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_300_Series

9. BG-0

BG-0

I kind of hope that will work, and kind of hope it won't :)

NVidia's the master at advertising useless bullcrap to blind fanboys and otherwise ignorant masses, and will get an unacceptably big market share even without a real breakthrough... If it will be even somewhat a revolutionary thing, I bet AMD will have to think more than twice about sticking to solely CPU business...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice