1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved The wackest keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tairon, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tairon

Tairon Thread Starter

I got a new mechanical keyboard near the end of 2018. It worked perfectly for the first while. However, due to, I believe, a tiny child mashing the keys (mostly on the right side) I now have an unusual issue. Somehow, my 1-4 and 5-8 keys along the top of my keyboard have completely swapped. I press 1, I get 5. I press 7, I get 3. You can imagine how frustrating it makes to type that. lol

They keyboard is an enhance theorem keyboard, Model: ENTHKSR100BKUS. I use WIN10.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. Tairon

Tairon Thread Starter

This has not worked. When I open the app it registers as all the keys being mapped correctly. It is worth mentioning at this point that if I plug in another keyboard there is no issue.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Can't you still swap the relevant keys over ? Try swapping 1 with 5 in the program.

5. Tairon

Tairon Thread Starter

I do not know if I should mark this as solved. My keys are working properly but the issue hasnt really been solved or the question answered. My keyboard is still messed up technically. Not that I am not happy. lol Ty, that was actually a big relief. Will mark as solved if we think this qualifies.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Do you mean the problem has disappeared ?

If so I don't see how we can take this any further so you might as well mark it solved unless you want to wait to see if the problem comes back.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice