1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"The webpage you are viewing is trying to close this window"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deb123, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb123

Deb123 Thread Starter

I am getting this pop up on a certain site that I go on daily (since I have been using
    Vista and IE7). Once I click ok to close it does ok (normal). Does anyone know what
    would cause that pop up or prompt? It this something to do with the security in IE7 or
    Windows Defender?

Deb123

2. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Hi,
    Not exactly sure what you may be referring to but if you're leaving that site to go to another for example, you might be getting the pop-up that says it's trying to close the window, so just go ahead & clik OK that's all.
    Ben

3. Deb123

Deb123 Thread Starter

Actually I work on that site and use it daily. Usually I click on a place and it brings up a form that I fill out and then click submit and it enters the page(takes over the page that is on there) that is the right way. As I have used this site for over a year. Now though since using Vista I get this prompt asking if it is ok to close the page. When I click yes it goes
    through, it is just annoying since I have to do that quite often.
    I believe it has to have something to do with the security of IE7 since it does not do it
    on my 98 computer if I go there.
    Just though someone might know if their was something in the security of IE that could be
    changed to stop this.

Deb123

Edit-Just thought of something that might be causing this. Sometime ago I went un did the tapped browsing in IE7, mainly because I did not like the taps at the top, went to IE options-taps-settings and un selected browsing features but just noticed that there is selecting at the bottom of that about how to open pop up and links but if I click default it does not change those two
    areas. Don't think they were on IE6- Could something in one of those be causing this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/584283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice