1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the windows security center can't be started

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wilson44512, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

im running windows 7 64bit. i cant get it started. its not under services. or in the control panel. i did a full anti virus scan. and a malware scan. PC is clean. i went in the action center. and tried to turn it on but i get this popup

Attached Files:

2. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

Any help out there?

3. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

A few solutions I see you tried in services already please try again in safe mode as administrator:
    Click Start, and then type: services.msc (hit enter)
    Under Programs, click Services, on the right side of the window, locate the Security Center service in the list of services, Right-click Security Center, and then select Properties, From the Start-up type drop down list select Automatic (delayed start), then under Service Status click "Start", Apply, and click OK. Now close the Services window.
    (Any success? And if you received an error message can you print screen it and post here please.)

Next:
    If safe mode had no success manually starting the service from the Services Management Console could start the service: To access the console type: Services in the Start Search field (hit enter)

You will need to click Continue if prompted to open the Services window.

Now locate the Security Center service right-click it, now select Automatic and select Start. If the service fails to start you will receive an on-screen error message. Post the error information here and Disable any security software on your computer.

Last try:

Open the Local Users and Groups manager.
    In the left pane, click on the Users folder.
    In the middle pane, right click on Administrator and click on Properties.
    To Enable the Buit-in Administrator Account > Uncheck the Account is disabled box>Go to step 6.
    To Disable the Buit-in Administrator Account > Check the Account is disabled box
    and click OK.
    Close the Local Users and Groups window.
    Log off, and you will now see the built-in Administrator account log on icon added (enabled) or removed (disabled) from the log on screen.

Now click on the Administrator icon to log on to the built-in Administrator account and check to see if the problem is still occurring. If you are able to fix the issue with default administrator account then you need to follow the below provided step to create a new user account and check for the issue.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Hope one of these fix's help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice