1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Worst Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blakes7, Aug 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Hi! I bought a computer for my brother online at the end of March. It's been locked up and not working for a month. After 2 weeks phone tag, I finally got a tech guy to issue an RMA. But this is what I got in the e-mail.

Good morning. After talking to you this morning and looking up the order details to get the RMA started, I noticed there was no extended warranty added for coverage after the first 30 days. Not to worry, we still can offer the RMA and will send you the details for that, but want to let you know the specifics on an assemble and post test system build like this.
    Things to note and consider:
    Cost of shipping to us and then to send it back to you would be your responsibility since it is out of warranty.
    If the motherboard suddenly became defective, we would need to RMA it through ASUS – if any costs are associated with that (shipping it to ASUS for replacement), that would be your responsibility as well.
    The motherboard and the parts in the system are still under manufacturer warranty, so it may save you some time and money if you went directly through ASUS to see if they can replace the motherboard for you without having to go through us.
    Out of warranty repairs through us are $75 per hour.
    Unbelievable!!!!! What I'd like to know is, can I post the company's name so others won't be ripped off? I did go to resellers.com and posted a 1-start review. 1-star was as low as they go. Thanks.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Unfortunately, I've seen quite a few companies operate like that. I would recommend circumventing them entirely, contacting ASUS, and then arranging to have it repaired through them.

3. replay

replay

What company is that..... wow
    Are u in the USA????

DaisyFlyer likes this.
  4. PK-her0

PK-her0

Are you sure you never bought a non guaranteed refurb?

5. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. This is a new custom computer. Cpu Solutions. They are in the US.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    While I understand that you are upset, they were at least up front about the situation before you sent the unit in for repair.

Having said that, have you reviewed your original paperwork? I clicked on a few of their builds on their website, and they all come with a 12 month parts and labor warranty and they offer extended warranties of varying lengths. Which if your OP is correct, means that it should be covered until March 2020.

Aside from that, if the warranty is actually over, I don't know why you are actually upset. It's not really their fault the unit failed after the warranty expired. Unlike OEM companies, they are using brand name parts like you would get if you built it yourself. So you can't exactly be upset with them that there was a parts failure.

7. replay

replay

Their website is not that impressive for a computer company
    I didn’t see any warranty information but I didn’t look to hard!
    But something is off here with the poster....
    12 months warranty is the norm

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    12 months warranty on all
    https://www.cpusolutions.com/store/pc/Extended-Warranty-d18.htm
    if you want more time, you pay.
    Call (800)474-4278
    and complain that the FREE 12 month extended warranty is not honored. You'll be posting on the BBB site and all over forums NOT to purchase a computer from a company that doesn't honor the warranty.

You can post a review and/or a complaint
    https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/middleton/profile/computer-dealers/cpu-solutions-0694-14008012

I see mostly positive reviews of the company.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice