1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The worst day of my life ....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DartKarizma, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DartKarizma

DartKarizma Thread Starter

Bought a pc for €600 , here is my story . Hi , I've been with a technician, cause I got no display on my screen , he said I needed a new cpu , bought one for €100 that was Compatible with my motherboard , then I ring him today to ask if every thing is ok and ready , he says I need a new motherboard , I just don't understand , when I got the pc I didn't like the case so I went on eBay bought a new case bought anti static wrist straps bought anti static packaging took everything out making sure everything was ok , but I got no display , and now I'm after putting €300 extra in the pc so I could have bought a €900 beast pc but , I'm so angry , what should I do ? Should I go in , sell the stuff for money to build a new pc ? Or should I try and get money to get a new motherboard ?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    That's entirely up to you. There is no right or wrong answer. It boils down to your budget and whether or not you want to keep what you've already paid for. The best you could hope for would be to break even and simply start over. More likely, if you sell, you will lose money.

3. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
  4. replay

replay

think you need a new computer technician!!!
    processors ALMOST never go bad......only with a bad overclock or bent pins/mishandling

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

replay is correct. CPUs are very hard to hurt unless you overclock/overvolt them or physically damage it during install. The other way to hurt the cpu is to do just what you did; change the case. If a standoff was not installed correctly, you can short the motherboard to the case and cause a LOT of damage.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice