Theme messed with my

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Officer_Zed

Hi everyone! New here, this is my first post. I have a problem.

I recently downloaded themexp, and with it 'Damek's UltraBlue' theme. I installed Damek's theme, and it replaced many of my system icons (C Drive, Floppy Disk) and most noticably the folder icons. I have since uninstalled the theme, but the icons did not revert back to the original ones, and I can't seem to change them back. I have tried using system restore, but no luck. If I go to folder settings and select the yellow folder icon, this does not work either. Nothing seems to be working and I think I will be stuck with these icons forever

Can anyone help?? I would be soo grateful this problem is driving me insane.

Miz

To try the easiest thing first, in the StyleXP program, there is a button for "Icon Tools." One of its options is "Reset Icon Cache." According to the StyleXP help files, "Click on 'Reset Icon Cache...' to delete the icon cache that Windows XP uses to cache icons. If you change many icons, sometimes the cache can become incorrect. If this is the case, it needs to be deleted. The system will slowly, over time, rebuild the icon cache."

If that doesn't work, download and install TweakUI for XP. Use its Repair function to repair icons and see if that puts things right.

If not, the next thing to try is to manually remove the icon cache. Run a search of the harddrive for "iconcache.db." When found, delete the one in your user account. Windows will build a new one when rebooted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online