1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by WiggingOut, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WiggingOut

WiggingOut Thread Starter

Hi, I've hit a problem with Windows XP, I've looked around and I haven't been able to find anywhere which offers a potential solution, so I really hope somebody here can help!

This hit my computer without warning, I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal, I was using Google Chrome, in order to browse websites that were free of spyware (the Guardian at time of crash) all of a sudden things started to freeze up. I restarted the computer, and now a lot of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office, among others, states "Error: There Are No More Files", whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state "Attempt to Access From Invalid Address", even when I am running them from their root folders.

As I've stated I am running a Dell Latitude 830 with Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.00GHz, 2M L2 Cache, 800MHz) Dual Core, 1.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS, Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 and am obviously using Windows XP. I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus, which didn't state that there were any viruses, so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is.

Thanks for reading! I really hope that somebody can help..

:confused:

2. ilandsurvey

ilandsurvey

Wigginout,
    Did you get any answers/
    I am having the same problem.
    Dell latitude d630

Thanks for the help

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

4. WiggingOut

Hi ilandsurvey,

I eventually managed to fix the problem - I found out that my computer had a trojan that wasn't getting picked up by my existing antivirus software (Norton), McAfee or AVG! I eventually managed to get it out with Avast Antivirus (easy to find on download.com), which has fixed the problem. I hope this is some help!

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Do you remember the name of the trojan?

TIA

6. WiggingOut

I'm sorry, I'm afraid not.

7. ilandsurvey

ilandsurvey

WiggingOut,
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I downloaded Avast and tried to run the home scan edition and I receive " Attempt to access invalid address"
    Is their another way to get around this problem?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice