There is no sound on my windows 10 laptop

Lexxxxxxxxxxxxx

My laptop does not have any sound even with the use of earphones. I may have mistakenly deleted my audio drivers but I am not really sure if that is the cause ( I am notoriously bad at technology). I have tried googling solutions but non of them have worked so far.

Could anybody offer advice on how to resolve this issue. Would be much appreciated.

My laptop is a 64 bit windows 10 system

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to the forum.

In order to understand better what we are dealing with here, please download and run the TSG System Information Utility on the affected PC, and then post the results back to this thread.

Couriant

James
While getting that info, press Windows Key + X and then choose Device Manager. Check to see if you find any yellow ! icons under Sound or Other Devices.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Obvious suggestion but ensure mute isn’t enabled or that the volume isn’t turned all the way down to 0. Often there’s a mute button on the keyboard.

plodr

Liz
I may have mistakenly deleted my audio drivers
In order to help with drivers, you have to post the brand and exact model of your laptop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online