There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server configuration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

figs450

I really don't know what to do. I spent hours and hours yesterday night backing up my desktop computer to an external hard drive in order to do a system recovery because I was having problems with not being able to do a system restore and one of my friends who works for geek squad at best buy suggested I do this. Well after doing everything I restored from the backup on my external hard drive but then my internet connection was no longer working, but it was working perfectly fine before any of this.

What I mean to say is that when I go to the network and sharing center it would show that my computer is connected to my network but there's a lovely little red X between network and internet. At first I tried reconfiguring my router and that didn't work so I ended up pressing the little reset button on the back of my router and reconfiguring it and that solved it for the time. Well almost 12 hours later I've run into the same problem and I've tried running a diagnose and repair on it but I keep getting the same message of "There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration. Windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com" using DNS. The server may be down."

I've tried going into command prompt and using ipconfig/renew, that did nothing. I've tried resetting the LAN adapter, that did nothing. Also I tried to reset the IP address, and yes sports fans you guessed it, that did nothing as well. I even went on to the router web page and tried to find something on there to help me out but couldn't find anything or just don't know what I should be looking for. I'm really at my wits end with this and if anyone can help me out with a permanent fix, not just resetting the router again, I'd really appreciate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online