1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thermal printer driver access denied?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TelechoiceW0rker, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TelechoiceW0rker

TelechoiceW0rker Thread Starter

I am currently trying to set up a new POS 8220 thermal printer with the computer at work, had some issues installing the drivers from the CD that the printer came with

When plugged in it shows up in the 'other devices' tab within 'devices and printers' labled 'usb printing support'

When I open the drivers installation file from the CD the printer came with and go through the set up process, it installs a folder and opens a window 'driver set up and config' asking me to select operating system, model of POS, and the port the printer is plugged into,

Then after pressing begin set up, it gives me a message 'you do not have permissions to modify the settings for this printer. If you need to change the settings contact your system administrator.' I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and I have tried to set up the printer through the print management application in Windows and get the error 'Access is Denied'

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Do you have an administrator account ? If not right-click the file that starts the setup process and click on 'Run as administrator' if you get that option.

3. TelechoiceW0rker

Yes I have only one user and it is the administrator, I have tried opening the set up as admin , and I have tried changing ownership of the folder/files to administrator via the permissions
    Still get the same error

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  5. TelechoiceW0rker

i really appreciate your help, i tried both of those drivers , the first one asked me if im sure i want to install from unknown identifier and i pressed yes and still got the message "you do not have permission to modify this printers settings"

and the second one was almost identical to the original driver i have on the cd disk that came with the printer and thus gave me the same error , i believe it may be the computer however i dont know what i need to change to allow permission to modify the settings as it says

i tried these both opening with administrator by the way

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    How is the printer connected to the computer, Usb, Network or something else ?

7. TelechoiceW0rker

It's connected via usb , I have allowed administrator access on just about everything, and dragged down the UAC, everything has full permissions, so I think at this point it is not widows denying access, but possibly another application / device hogging the port?

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice