Thermal Throttling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hosseinhanifi78

Hello dear guys wish to be good all i have a problem with my CPU and wanted to mention here and get your suggestions

i have asus n580 and bought last year
i had p3d v4 (its flight simulator) and every thing was great performance good but 6 months ago
I installed P3D V5 (its flight simulator also) and after that, i got this problem that my cpu will overheat and limit my performance
i changed my windows but nothing worked there
when i run flight simulator all of the usage will be on CPU0 and will full it up to 99% temp will be overheat and CPU frequency will drop.
what i should do
if i use thermal grease my problem will be solve?
(also i made a check for fans that they are working ok)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210104231834.000000+210
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (120 GB Free); D: 460 GB (382 GB Free); E: 470 GB (312 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X580GD, ver 1.0, s/n N0CV1918MB0021728
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n K5N0CV02W675199
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

Since it is a laptop, you might try a laptop cooling pad. Other than that though, not much you can do. A laptop has a whole slew of heat generating components crammed into a tiny space. As such, they get hot.

hosseinhanifi78

Since it is a laptop, you might try a laptop cooling pad. Other than that though, not much you can do. A laptop has a whole slew of heat generating components crammed into a tiny space. As such, they get hot.
but before it was great ...
suddenly this happened
and you think that thermal grease is not effective?

Rather doubtful on a year old laptop.

If you live in a dusty environment it could probably use an internal cleaning.

Are you using it in your lap, or on a pillow, blanket or other soft surface that inhibits airflow through the laptop's vents?

What about the ambient temperature in the room? If warm, like 80°F or warmer, that isn't helping matters.

If it's still under warranty you could try that route.

hosseinhanifi78

Rather doubtful on a year old laptop.

If you live in a dusty environment it could probably use an internal cleaning.

Are you using it in your lap, or on a pillow, blanket or other soft surface that inhibits airflow through the laptop's vents?

What about the ambient temperature in the room? If warm, like 80°F or warmer, that isn't helping matters.

If it's still under warranty you could try that route.
Dear unfortunately warranty passed about 3 months ago,i am living in a humid position and when using my laptop it's on desk and i will make a vent with putting it on book to make a 30 degree vents .with thermal grease can i have chance to make this problem solve?
or its from software ..
cause i know my CPUs are healthy.

If you have experience changing the thermal grease in laptops, it wouldn't hurt to try.

As far as determining if Windows is to blame, you could temporarily boot and run a different Operating System, exercise it extensively and see how hot she runs.

hosseinhanifi78

If you have experience changing the thermal grease in laptops, it wouldn't hurt to try.

As far as determining if Windows is to blame, you could temporarily boot and run a different Operating System, exercise it extensively and see how hot she runs.
but with changing windows nothing changed and i think i should check thermal grease thanks for your kind response

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online