1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Things I need to know about switching computer cases?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cmarr, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cmarr

Cmarr Thread Starter

I'm looking to switch my computer case to one that will quiet down the sound of my computer, an Antec case probably. What do I need to take into account? Does it have to be the same size as the old one? Do I need to make sure the motherboard is able to fit correctly? What do I need to know? Or is it a pretty easy thing to do?

2. Mari0-Br0s

Mari0-Br0s

just be sure the case is the same type. most case are ATX, but there are new BTX. an Antec Sonata is pretty quiet and well ventiled. But this is an ATX case. That mean your motherboard must be ATX.

3. Cmarr

Cmarr Thread Starter

4. Mari0-Br0s

Mari0-Br0s

Go ahead for the switch. You have an ATX case. The difference between ATX is BTX is simple. A BTX motherboard has the PCI slots on top of VGA, LPT1, Serial, USB, PS/2, Firewire, Wi-Fi, Ethernet..... ports. An ATX motherboard is what you do have, the ports are on top of the PCI slots.

5. Cmarr

Cmarr Thread Starter

Really? That's it? I would have thought there would be more to it than that. But it's that Nexus Breeze an ATX? I can't tell.

6. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

That Nexus case is also an ATX. It says so in the specs near the bottom of the page in your link.

7. Cmarr

Cmarr Thread Starter

lol, I didn't even see that. Oh well.

8. ballpark570

ballpark570

9. Cmarr

Cmarr Thread Starter

Yeah, I've seen that one before, but here is no real emphasis on it being "quiet".

Screw it, I'm going to buy the nexus and give it a shot. We'll see what happens I guess:)

I see it at eastluna.com for $162 for the 400 watt, which is the cheapest I've seen after about an hour of searching.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/359656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice