Things One Doesn't See Anymore

oldie

Males under 25 opening a door to allow a lady to enter first

Children going to Sunday school

Mens barbers .. all unisex now

Uncle Joes Mintballs

Headmasters with canes

Oh for the good ole days ;)

I always -always- open a door for a lady.

I don't know where you live, but children usually go to Sunday school around here.

And old Ted specializes in men's haircuts. Only does the occaisional woman's cut because he was the only barber in town for a long time. There's a couple other men's barbers in my local area now too.

Sounds like y'all just aren't looking in the right places. ;)

oldie said:
I do, and have for some time (though I'm 25 now). But you'd be amazed how much harder that is in practice these days...if you don't practically run to the door to make sure you get there first, they'll open it and try to wave you in first! :eek:

oldie said:
Children going to Sunday school
Well...I'll just not remark on this one, since I've never attended Church and don't believe in God or religion.

oldie said:
Mens barbers .. all unisex now
There are still a few around.

oldie said:
Uncle Joes Mintballs
Perv :p

oldie said:
Headmasters with canes
What's a headmaster ;)

oldie said:
Oh for the good ole days ;)
While the past had some things we no longer have today...I look to the future...change is exciting, not always for the better, but exciting none-the-less.

Gabriel

Account Closed
I even get 6 year old boys open the doors for me...of course they sometimes have the look on their face that says "Hurry up lady, I don't have all day":p :p :p

There are barber shops here too!

Gabriel said:
I even get 6 year old boys open the doors for me...of course they sometimes have the look on their face that says "Hurry up lady, I don't have all day":p :p :p

There are barber shops here too!
Well, can you blame them? With the amount of energy a 6 year old has, it's amazing they DO stand still long enough to hold the door. :D

Gabriel

Account Closed
They do burst through...then their training kicks in, and some of them come back, and hold the door. It is funny, and me thinks it is because I am at the grandma age now:) :p :p

Gabriel

Account Closed
Yes they are...I wonder what happens to some of them later on;)

Things One Doesn't See Anymore:

Gas under $1.00 p/gal

Not to turn this into a religious thread, but I agree with the lack of children going to SS. I remember when I was a kid, that on Sunday you would see car after car with people in their Sunday dress. Not anymore - sad

katonca said:
Things One Doesn't See Anymore:

Gas under $1.00 p/gal

Not to turn this into a religious thread, but I agree with the lack of children going to SS. I remember when I was a kid, that on Sunday you would see car after car with people in their Sunday dress. Not anymore - sad
I think, and I've got nothing to back this up, but you find a lot of children, rather than attending Sunday School in the traditional denominational sense, to be attending youth groups or similar non-denominational gatherings.

oldie said:
Wow. It's near impossible for me to go anywhere without a male (from age 5 on up) holding a door for me. I've even had guys who went in before me, turn around and hold it open for me, go on and APOLOGIZE for not standing back and letting me go first. :eek: Most of the time, they were talking and didn't realize anyone was behind them. I'd attribute it to Texas being one of the most friendly places on Earth, but you know.... nice people live everywhere. We just happen to have a whole lot here. :D

There are a lot of jerks in this world, but there are a lot of gentlemen. And it's always been that way. I seriously doubt it's changed all that much in the past 50 years. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online