1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Things our IT guy says....

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by mraaron012, Aug 7, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. mraaron012

mraaron012 Thread Starter

Our IT person says that all IT people believe the following:

When a computer acts up: It's not the computer, but the person using it. Except for the Administrator.

When he can't uninstall something: Drag the shortcut to the recycling bin. If that doesn't work: reinstall Windows.

AVG only finds spyware, and not viruses.

Staff members knowingly install viruses and spyware onto computers.

any people who work in the IT field, I need to know your opinions. Obviously these statements are sensationalized, I would like to know how you feel about them.

2. katonca

katonca

Our IT guy was very secretive. He wouldn't explain anything whilst working on the computers.

3. Pistoff

Pistoff

These are very humorous but not all of us think that way.
    In my situations, it's usually a hardware/software failure.
    This should be the very last MAJOR thing to do!
    I do not use AVG, therfore I cannot respond.
    If someone is knowingly installing viruses then that would be a breach of the company's system and should result in immediate discharge.

4. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I think he was just trying to crack a joke, along the lines of "User Error: Replace User".

And AVG is anti-virus, not anti-spyware.

5. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

I don't get it at all:confused:

6. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I think the IT guy was trying to say that most IT professionals are very... "holier-than-thou".

7. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

It is usually the user. Users are great at breaking something and not realizing it, only noticing the symptoms.

If he can't uninstall somthing, maybe he should look into a good anti-virus program, like AVG ;)

Staff members do knowingly install viruses, what else would you call programs like AIM, and Kazaa.

8. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    You know? IT guys sometimes condense things and users don't understand, or don't listen.
    But, IT guys have egos, and sometimes preach down...

In my experience, there are times to control things, and there are times to let the users be, within company policy...

And, the IT guys should monitor the virus and spyware problems...

9. MNG0304

MNG0304

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice