1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

think i made a huge massive mess...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chavely, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chavely

chavely Thread Starter

First Name:
    confusedstudent
    yes my anxiety just caught on and i am now having a mental break down and hoping this website is really free and will actually help me...
    the first cause of this mess is going through websites to websites trying to download load the holygrail of killing boredom "sims4 pets" (i was trying to get it for free cuz i was on a budget).
    the next mess was after realizing there weren't really sims just trolls making me download a bunch of stuff. i started to delete EVERYTHING even the things that i don't understand so i can have extra space, and yes i delete one of those teck things for Wi-Fi... and now fast forward to today i went to youtube and did everything they told me that includes deleting Ethernet and restarting... yep was a big mistake so im now here waiting a step by step how to fix my mess dummy guide

2. chavely

chavely Thread Starter

First Name:
    confusedstudent
    oh and i forgot to mention i also messed around will firewall but some how all the x turned to checks by enabling everything on private, public and the other thing i forgot the name of

... yes im a mess

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

This site does not support in any manner whatsoever the use of pirated software.
    From our rules
    You have, regretfully learned the lesson the hard way.
    I suggest you save what ever personal data you can and then clean install the OS
    OR if you have a restore point before the date of this attempted pirated download, you invoke that restore point, remembering that you will also lose anything installed since the date of the RP

You do not say what OS eg 7, 8.1 or 10
    The restoring to a point is basically the same on those three systems

Windows 10
    1. Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
    2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
    Windows 8.1
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
    3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
    4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.
    Windows 7
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice