1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thinking about the Kindle Fire 7..... a few questions

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by BigDaveinNJ, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

I am thinking about getting the Kindle Fire 7 which I'm told runs a type of Android operating system of some sorts. I can get one of these for about $50.00 but am concerned about a few things.

*** How does the YouTube app behave on this system? I'm told that you have to download it a different way but assuming I can download it how does it do on this system?

*** Some people tell me that everytime you unlock the device there are advertisments that you can get rid of by paying an extra $15.00. Others tell me that's not the case with this particular unit. Not a "deal breaker" per say but certainly an inconvenience for sure.

*** Is it worth the extra $$$ to get the HD 8?

Thank you in advance

David

2. Deke40

Deke40

Use Fire 7 mostly for reading and not streaming. The bigger ones are better for that.

When you buy the Fire 7 like I did you have a choice of the lesser price with the adds are higher price with no adds. I kind of don't mind the adds as all it takes is one swipe and they are gone
    until you start again and there are some deals that I have taken advantage of.

As far as the bigger/smaller goes it depends on what your main use will be. I have a Tab E if I want to surf the net or stream and a Fire 7 for reading my E Books. I had a Tab 4 10" and it was great
    but slowed down and I found the E for a real good price so made the sacrifice to a smaller screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!