Thinking About Your New Year's Resolution Yet?

Doc Holliday

I know in past years I never made any resolutions at the beginning of the year. I always felt I could never hold to them.:p However, this year I have been giving thought regarding a few resolutions and seeing if I can stick by them!:D

In the year 2006 I resolve to be a better person, not to be so abstract and more mature. In other words, a no more one liners type of person. Every response will be up front and sincere!

More later.................:)

I am going to gain 20 more pounds by spring/summer. In august, I weighed 219lbs. Now I am up to 240lbs by hitting the gym just about every day. I am shooting for about 260+ lbs. But, I need bigger weights as I am already curling the 50lb dumbbells about 12-13 times, which are the heaviest free weights we have.

I will be taking hydroxycut, anabolic fuel, and cell tech to help me with the process. So far, it has just been me on my own.

the ONLY bad part about that is me having to buy a new wardrobe. I have already gone from a Large to an XL. Maybe then I will need a XXL. Oh, an I am a hair under 6', fyi.

I only make resolutions that are important enough I know I won't break them. Nothing frivolous. The last one I made was to pay off my credit card and cut it up. I did, and it was one of the smartest things I have ever done. I cut down on frivolous spending and had everything I needed paying cash!

I also give up something for Lent. Last year it was chocolate & cheese. I am slightly allergic and shouldn't eat them. When I craved some I told myself, "Hey you gave this up for Lent". Guilt :eek: kept me in line and now I don't crave chocolate and cut way down on cheese. :D

Can't think of anything yet for next year. :)

I want to maximize my physical potential and get into the habit of strength conditioning and exercise. Also...I play football on a local league. Bigger=harder hits and faster. It may seem kinda strange, but I like being an intimidating man, but for those who know me, know I am anything but. It keeps away most BS'ers. I just like being a big guy, I guess, but one who is in shape.

Just to be the best I can be for myself I guess.

Oh, and to get my MCSE.

Seeing as I break every single one by Jan 1st anyway:

1) Not lose weight
2) Not pay off my credit cards
3) Not get my business up and running
4) Not keep in touch more with friends and relatives

... I reckon I could be onto a winner by Jan 2nd as breaking any of them would mean I've actually done them :D

Gabriel

Account Closed
Mine are these:

1) Continue to pay down debts (this years goal was met..3 more yrs. to go)
2) Save 1/10 th of income (could not do this one this year)
3) Complete phase #2 of business plan (it is ok if I don't go into detail, it will only bore you all, but it will take 6-9 months to accomplish)
3) Complete 4 classes (only completed 2 this year)
4) Save for laptop:) this is my favorite one:)

To go one more year on the envelope system (Dave Ramsey) doing that alone will keep my other goals in focus !

Doc Holliday

I will resolve to use "zip" of these page critters for 2006 - (y) :) :confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :eek: (n) :( That sorta walks hand in hand with my first res.

I will resolve to walk for at least 40 minutes per 4 days out of the week.;)

EdGreen said:
Yes, yes I have. I must stop being so nice and start speaking my mind more.
Lord you're giving me some good chuckles the last few days. Yeah don't hold back it isn't good for you.:D

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
poochee said:
I also give up something for Lent. Last year it was chocolate & cheese. I am slightly allergic and shouldn't eat them. When I craved some I told myself, "Hey you gave this up for Lent". Guilt :eek: kept me in line and now I don't crave chocolate and cut way down on cheese. :D
Baptist do Lent?

poochee said:
Can't think of anything yet for next year. :)
You could stop picking on The Patron Saint of Feline Patience.

gbrumb said:
Lord you're giving me some good chuckles the last few days. Yeah don't hold back it isn't good for you.:D
Glad someone appreciates me. They're honing their pitchforks and lighting torches up there in the debate forum. Going to drive out the Frankenstein monster sort of thing. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online