Thinking of getting a Inspiron 1501

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Y4J

I'm thinking of buying a Dell Inspiron 1501. Here are the specs..

AMD Sempron Technology 3500+
1GB Memory
60GB HDD
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256mb Hypermemory

Now I know about how its shared and it's not the BEST graphics card, but it DOES look reasonable. I'll probably use it the most for music, maybe some video editing, and text files and so forth. The only game i'll probably play on it is World of Warcraft.

My question is for those that might know about the card, you think i'll be able to play WoW and perform any of the other tasks?

Thanks in advance.

If you are buying a laptop and planning to game, forget it, and for my MOney Dell's are the worst and slowest. Sempron cpu in a notebook is a poor choice besides...you need cache in a laptop.

Y4J

Like I said, I am only playing World of Warcraft.. My brothers girlfriend has a 6400 dell and it plays WoW beautifully.

DoubleHelix

Banned
There's a huge difference between a 6400 and the laptop you're looking at. The Sempron processor is a budget processor similar to the Intel Celeron. Definitely not made for any type of gaming or video editing.

Y4J

I got a Dell E1505 with the 6400 graphics. Works great! Thanks for the help guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online