1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

thinking of getting Verizon DSL. Have questions.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by angelique01, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelique01

angelique01 Thread Starter

Im sick of using Dialup. I have some questions if anyone can answer them.

What are the benifits of getting DSL?
    How good is Verizon DSL?
    I don't own the fastest processor or computer, is it still worth it to get? I have all the necessary system requirements to run it.
    Verizon DSL comes with MSN Premium? Do I have to use this internet access or can I choose to use one of my choice that still supports DSL?

2. rebon

rebon

Dial up sucks, you will love dsl if you get it, a good site that will answer your questions here .

You will never go back to dialup once you try dsl :) Just my opinion :)

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

dsl can be as slow as dialup on a bad day.

get cable if its available.

4. Stephen47

Stephen47

I have Verizon DSL and have never had any problems. Don't bother wth MSN

5. angelique01

I was thinking of getting it, but I will be moving soon to where they do not have Adelphia cable connections. So I just thought it would be pointless. But I have heard that it is faster. I think I'll stick with DSL and see how that works out.

6. angelique01

which internet access should I use with it. since it is $35 a month. I would prefer something not over $10 - $15 a month. have any suggestions?

7. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

$10-15 are dialup prices.

with dsl, you pay for dsl from the isp + phone service and will probably see 35-50$/mon and have a good possibility of real slow connections.

i pay $40 for roadrunner cable and think it's a better choice than dsl, if available.

8. angelique01

but cable is not available as far as know, where I'm moving to. so im left with no other option than dsl :(. I don't think with verizon there was a phone service charge, it just said $35 a month. Unless they forgot to add that (n) . If that is the case with the internet access, I'll just stick with the msn, I'm not picky, as long as I'm a little faster than dialup.

The cable company in the area I am moving is Service Electric. I don't even think they offer anything like that. Is there a way I can find out?

9. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

verizon may have it all packaged together.

see if the cable outfit has a website and what they have for coverage area. :cool:

10. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

I do DSL installations for Verizon and my girlfriend has DSL.I use her PC as much as my own ( I use cable modem due to distance restrictions) and for surfing, downloading, and streaming video I see virtually no difference. Neither her connection, or mine have been down for any length of time in the last year, and both are left on all the time. The only difference I see is cost. DSL is cheaper ( if you have a phone line already anyway). But cable and Telco are both bundling various services into a package that makes it all come out about even.

My take on it.....either one is fine. ( but Broadband of some kind is essential)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!