Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinking of setting up web site just for images to support another site

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bj nick 
#1 ·
Didn't know how to title this issue...basically, here's the deal: I have a school web site, on cox@home, which has a maximum of 10mb on the site. This is a constant battle trying to keep it under the 10 mgs, with all the photos and whatnot I like to put up there. I was thinking that I still have another three or four sites on my account; why don't I set up one site which is just the images, and link it to the other site. Wouldn't it be transparent? I mean, if I set up a hyperlink on the main site, wouldn't visitors just cruise back and forth at will without any hassle? And that way, I'd have much more space for images.

Please advise...it seems too easy...am I missing something?

Thanks!

p.s. I use front page 2002 from office xp suite (professional ) :)

#2 ·
I don't think you're missing anything. This is common practice. Most of the images on this page came from another site. Ads almost always do. There's nothing that says that the image links in your html can't load images from elsewhere. The ability to bring many disparate objects from various sources together on one web page is the reason html was designed the way it was.

Sounds like you have a good solution to your problem.

#3 ·
thanks for your response, but unfortunately FrontPage is frustrating me to death here, and of course it's probably my fault...I cannot seem to be able to create a new web...! All I do is go to new-new web or page-new from template-empty web.

Then it asks me to "specify the location of the new web." It always wants me to put the web in the default documents and setting folder, and keeps generating "my webs/my web9," "my webs/mywebs10," and on and on. when I try to point it to the D: drive so I can save it there, it says there's no folder there, as if it expects there already to be a folder there. I've tried putting a folder there and saving the new web to that folder, but that doesn't work either.

All I am trying to do is create a new web, (which I can then link up to the existing web- the new web will be just for images), and I'm feeling like a first-time user here...what the heck am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.