1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thinkpad 600e won't post

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gordon19, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gordon19

Gordon19 Thread Starter

Hi I read this forum daily so... I'm asking if anyone knows a site that can lead me to resolving a boot problem on a thinkpad 600e, I have this Laptop that doesn't post It will try then just freeze with the power light and HDD light on. Wont boot off a FDD or CD. I also cant get in the easy set up, the lady who gave it to me to look at said that it would run ok then the screen would shut off, becomeing more frequent as she used it. Then all of a sudden.... "nothing" no boot no post just freezes like I said Oh yea Fan works lol It's also been running on AC without a battery for a long time. The HDD works because I put it in another thinkpad 600e but it had alot of errors in the device mngr. but the good thinkpad fixed those. So any help before I use it for parts thx. :confused:

2. Gordon19

Gordon19 Thread Starter

3. ctuna

ctuna

If you do search for IBM 600E you will find a site that has all kinds of information on the computer. One thing I don't like about mine is that if the battery is dead you can not check or change the BIOS.

4. Gordon19

Gordon19 Thread Starter

Yea did that and it looks like the inverter is going bad, But who knows? I can get a screen pretty cheap though. They are pretty handy little LP's ya know I got like 6 of them hehe. :D But I'll keep looking Thx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice